Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 6 - Fear-based reactions & creative process

Q#1: Answer: I'd say I have a couple fear-based reactions. One of them was my decision to leave my small hick town & move out to the big city & go to school in L.A. Many people thought I was crazy cause the people in L.A. are so rude(stereotype) & the traffic is horrible. Also, I found my roommate off of Craigslist & a lot of people were scared for me cause she could be a serial killed or some type of psychopath. Regardless of all these doubts, I pushed through it & did it anyway because I knew its where I belonged. I originally wanted to work in the fashion magazine industry, but now I'm leaning towards fitness mags. Either way, I feel as though living down here will open a lot more opportunities than had I stayed.

Another fear-based reaction from myself is a little bit of the fear of graduating. I think it simply has to do w/the feeling of accomplishing something so great, and then there's that "now what?" It just seems like there's so much pressure & expectation for graduates to start a career after school, yet in all reality, most don't start a career right away. Also, there's the fact that in the industry I want to work In, internships are crucial & I don't have time while I'm in school & working to add something else on my plate.

Q#2: Answer: I've successfully overcome the reactions to the first one because I'm still living here today & it will be 2 years this September. I don't plan on moving back either.

As far as graduating, I really need to have a sit-down w/my dept. adviser & map out how much I have left. Then at some point start looking ip internships that maybe I can do over summer.

Q#3: Answer: My concept of my creative process is that it is unique to myself, because I'm a little zany. Although, most art majors are a little crazy.

Q:4: Answer: My approach as far as creative process goes usually depends on the task. If I'm über excited about something, then I'll dive into it right away. However, on the contrary, if its something I'm not too crazy about, I admit procrastination takes a toll. Also, the best environment for me is alone, in my room w/Pandora playing. I do notice a lot of time if I have a project in mind, I'll pull from ideas that surround me. Like taking a walk in the park & noticing a bird in flight & it's swift elegance & then so incorporating that into my piece. Just an example of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment