This class we began by playing a communication game. All of us sat in a circle, then had to correctly communicate & pass along an object. I wasn't too fond of this game, simply because it took too long & was far too perplexing for my brain to handle that early in the morning with such little sleep. Perhaps, I also didn't care for this game as much because it requires one to listen & stay focused. Lately, that has been a great feat for me. I also noticed the different ways we communicate as far as enunciations, body language and tone. I think we did this exercise to recognize the differences in communication styles and to also emphasize the importance of listening. This applies in the design world because listening to your client & vice versa us crucial. If you can't understand what they're looking for, then how can you go about executing their idea properly.
The second half of class we looked over examples of creative briefs. All of them very different, but equally beneficial. This was very helpful because one, I had no idea what a creative brief was and two, it was nice to see actual representations of what one would look like. These are great because its something on paper that serves as a communication device between both client and designer. It's sort of a contract and shows them what your interpretation is. Sometimes written form is easier to understand especially because many artists have scattered/jumbled thoughts and to set them in a clear and concise way can help both parties. This was obviously done and shown to us because eventually we will have to either make or read creative briefs in the design world, depending on what part if the design spectrum we're on. So knowing that they are and how they work is key.
Thanks for listening,
Ruby
No comments:
Post a Comment