Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day 15 - 3 Shot Story

Today in class we were divided into 8 groups of 3 and were instructed to sketch out a story that can be communicated using only 3 frames. Afterward we hung them up & voted on which one visually communicates the best story. I chose the poop one because if was easily read and was different/funny. It definitely should have won. My group dud a Quentin Tarantino type of sketch and I really liked ours as well, but agreed some parts could be improved to increase its readability. I think we did this because it helps us recognize what parts of a story are important to show when given a limited amount of frames. This definitely applies in the design world because it reminds me of the consideration advertisers have to take whether it be a teaser, movie preview, magazine ad, poster, etc. If you think about, only a limited space is available and they have to decide what exactly NEEDS to be shown to convey the idea and what can be cut out.

At the end of class, the final project was introduced and I'm really excited about it because its about sustainability. I already have an idea of what I'm going to do, but it's a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment