Today we spent the entire class looking at everyone's 9 different game design ideas. We ultimately ran out of time and was not able to cover everyones, but by getting the gist of what a successful game design was and the latter, it will help us shape our own design for the assignment given. Some of the things I picked up on were things like is the design to complex or too simple. If it was too complex, I wouldn't want to play it, but if it was too simple than it would be boring. Also, layout and pieces of the game are important factors as well. Dice seemed to be the go-to device in most peoples concepts, but there are infinite alternatives that could make a game that much better. I think overall innovation is a key thing to look at when considering different options for a game. Sofia's idea for the game, Icebreaker, where it was a game of a bunch mini games incorporated enticed me the most and I think it was because it was so different.
I think we did this exercise to help further develop and edit our own designs into better successes. This applies in the design world because by looking at other successes and failures, it helps within our own designs.
No comments:
Post a Comment