Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 3 Soooo exhausted

Today in class we did a few activities, some very successful while others lacked. Our first task given was to seat ourselves in chronological order of birth date. We actually managed to do this perfectly. With communication amongst ourselves and organizational skills, this was achieved.

The next project given was to rank our graphic novels from best to worst fitting to a criteria that we all agree upon. The criteria we came up with was broken down into 4 parts. They were "clarity of message", "neatness", "creativity", and "use of color". I agreed with most criteria given except for maybe the neatness portion. I originally said aesthetic appeal, but a peer did not agree with myself because he thought maybe we should consider the fact that some people may not draw as well and that they shouldn't be graded/ranked on such terms. While he is right, I feel as though we are all human and are simply drawn to more aesthetically appealing objects. I think at the end, most of us agreed that the majority of the judging being made was based on aesthetics, especially in the short amount of time we were given to do so. So with that being said, had we been given more time, the rankings would surely change.

Our last event of the day was to get into groups of 4, use what random things you have with you and come up with a story using though those items. I contributed my penguin shaped usb flash drive named, Rupert. He actually ended up being the main character of our story. What's funny is that our story was the only one where noone dies. It was very light-hearted and cheery. The plot was much like that of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. I think all the stories were intertesting.

P.S. I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment